Saturday 2 March 2013

Transfusion and after

Those of you who might have been following this blog must be wondering why there has been no entry after April 2012.Has the blogger been well?Or has he succumbed to his illness,dreadful as it is?
Yes, it has been a very difficult period for me. I needed a lot of blood for transfusion in my body because the haemoglobin count had fallen much below the safe levels.It was between 5 and 6 as against 13 and 17 required for a healthy male.Surprisingly, it was 13 in September2011.
My blood group which is O-negative is not easily available and it was needed  on an urgent basis. But human kindness is not dead. My daughter mentioned the fact that her father needed blood immediately and her office circulated the request amongst all its staff members and among all its associate offices.The result was that my need for blood became known to more people than , perhaps, was necessary. Anyway, people became aware and even volunteered to donate. Liplka, my daughter began receiving phonecalls and messages from different parts of the country.
My residential colony,on its part made an appeal on the public address system to residents to come forward to donate blood as a member of the society I.e. me needed blood.My wife started getting phone calls from the residents asking her to indicate the place where the callers could go to donate blood.Yes humanity is still alive. Many people came to the hospitals where An kit, my son -in-law had made arrangement for collection.Incidentally, only a few were able to make a donation of blood, as in a number of cases the blood group was O-positive and many other volunteers were themselves anaemic and therefore ineligible.The transfusion began at the Ashanti Gopal hospital. Continued in part...2.

1 comment:

  1. We're looking for kidney donors for the sum of $500,000,00, For more details,Email: donyahockett2018@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete